The year is ending today and it is time to look back and evaluate your effectiveness as a trader. For newbie traders it was their first year in Forex and it is probably too early to judge their performance but, for everyone else, one year is a good period to assess the quality of trading.
For me, 2012 turned out to be a profitable year. Probably the first year with a significant profit above breakeven. Only 10 out of 23 of my trades were losing ones, while my strict money management rules helped to make average profit much bigger than average loss. The overall yearly profit totaled to 26.7%, which I consider a very good ROI. Notably, all trades have been only in Forex pairs — I did not trade any CFDs, gold or silver this year. I believe that focusing solely on trading chart patterns in currency pairs has somewhat benefited my end balance.
Please brag about your 2012 results!
What were your 2012 trading results?
- Just above breakeven (0%+) (16%, 8 Votes)
- Huge profit (100%+) (14%, 7 Votes)
- Significant profit (50%+) (12%, 6 Votes)
- Lost everything (10%, 5 Votes)
- Huge loss (<50%) (10%, 5 Votes)
- Didn’t trade in 2012 (10%, 5 Votes)
- Very good profit (10%+) (10%, 5 Votes)
- Small loss (<5%) (6%, 3 Votes)
- Near zero (4%, 2 Votes)
- Bad loss (<10%) (4%, 2 Votes)
- Good profit (5%+) (4%, 2 Votes)
- Significant loss (<25%) (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 51
If you would like to give some details about your trading performance in 2012, please feel free to do so using the form below.